Often we receive call outs from customers regarding problems with their projectors, to avoid some of these potential problems here’s a few simple steps you can take to keep them in top condition.
1. Keep them clean!! Avoid build up of dust and dirt across the vents, pull out the removable filters and keep them clean. If the DMD within the projector overheats and will be costly to replace.
2. Keep the optics clean, wipe down the lens with a lint free non abrasive cloth.
3. Try to avoid using them in a damp atmosphere, this will eventually corrode the electronics and cloud up the optics.
4. Projector placement – avoid locating then local to air handling units – this seriously reduces the life of your projector.
5. Keep your eye on the total lamp hours and check against the manual.
6. Keep them at the orientation stated by the manufacturer. Placing your projector vertical may cause them to overheat.
7. Get a service contract with your AV supplier who can ensure all of the above is in check.
The management of the prestigious Village Point Conference and Wedding venue approached us to provide and integrated sound system.
We provide a proposal of a matrix controlled system which allows different music sources or a solo source to be played in multiple rooms.
Both the Lodge and the Ballroom are equipped with reliable Turbosound speakers finished in white, powered by Audac SMA Class D amplifiers, with an Audac MTX digital audio matrix.
Each room has a mullti fuction control plate with inputs for DJ’s and live sound.
The Night and Day Café is one of Manchester’s most established music venue. It’s host to tens of thousands of different artists over it’s 20 year plus lifespan, from jazz, rock, techno and electronica.
The owners contacted Hollowsphere AV to rejuvenate their tired lighting system.
We obliged by stripping out all the old par cans and cabling and replacing it with a fresh LED based system.
It comprises of four of the MKII Showtec Phantom moving head spots, Prolights Lumipar slim pars and battens which provide red, green, bluem white, amber and UV wash, some Prolights pinspots, an Antari Hazer and a DMX desk.
The results have been excellent.
Pop down to Night and Day to check it out.
LED Stage lighting in your venue – Why you need it?
Here’s a photo from a club in the Northern Quarter in Manchester called KRAAK. We’ve just installed an LED lighting system consisting of two moving heads, a mirrorball, 4 x rgbw led slimpars and a control desk. We added scenes in the desk to create different modes according to the event, be it a gig, comedy, rave etc. We know that long term installation of lighting systems such as this in your venue will provide you with many benefits such as the following:
- Customers will stay longer at a professionally lit venue.
- If the customers stay longer, the venue will sell more food and drink.
- Professional lighting will provide a memorable experience which means repeat business, bigger turnover etc.
- When photographs are taken at live events, they look more dramatic which is good for the venue and artist, especially in an age where images are quickly uploaded to social media tools such as twitter, facebook, flickr. (on the flip side how many times do you see artists under dim and uninspiring lighting at venues?).
Often lighting systems are overlooked by venues, possibly because then venue owners believe that such systems are expensive to install, operate and maintain, this is a misconception. With the use of low running cost led technology, lamps can last up to 50,000 hours, from an operational perspective we can pre program the systems to enable the customer to press programmed scene buttons. The installation cost are relatively low in comparison with venue sound systems, plus if they attract and retain customers they will pay for themselves in a relatively short period of time. Led lighting technology can also be utilised on the exterior of a building to wash it in different colour schemes. Control can be via a simple desk, remote control or via a smartphone with an appropriate ethernet/ dmx interface. The above are just a few benefits from the installation of venue lighting. If you’d like to discuss your venue requirements please contact us on 01616367547 or via our website at www.hollowsphere.org We can arrange a site visit, provide a proposal and quotation – what are you waiting for?