Often we receive call outs from customers regarding problems with their projectors, to avoid some of these potential problems here’s a few simple steps you can take to keep them in top condition.
1. Keep them clean!! Avoid build up of dust and dirt across the vents, pull out the removable filters and keep them clean. If the DMD within the projector overheats and will be costly to replace.
2. Keep the optics clean, wipe down the lens with a lint free non abrasive cloth.
3. Try to avoid using them in a damp atmosphere, this will eventually corrode the electronics and cloud up the optics.
4. Projector placement – avoid locating then local to air handling units – this seriously reduces the life of your projector.
5. Keep your eye on the total lamp hours and check against the manual.
6. Keep them at the orientation stated by the manufacturer. Placing your projector vertical may cause them to overheat.
7. Get a service contract with your AV supplier who can ensure all of the above is in check.