Professional Sound System Design, AV & Installation Service from Hollowsphere AV
We provide a full audio visual design and installation service for your cafe, bar, restaurant, venue, office, club or home. We design, supply and install;
- Background music systems (BGMs)
- PA systems
- Stage and DJ lighting
- Projectors and Screen systems
- Home Audio & Cinemas
- Exterior Lighting
- Digital Signage
- HD TV’s and display systems
Our customers include Ezra & Gill Cafe, Rudy’s Pizza, Rustik Cafe, Volta, Juan Sanchez Tapas Bar, The Elk of Chorlton, all branches of Tampopo, Porter and Cole, The Drop Cafe and many more.
Systems can be fully purchased or rented with a regular maintenance service.
Planning and Design
Following a meeting with you and one of our Sales Engineers to fully understand your AV requirements, we will draft a proposal for you which will include a detailed quotation.
We carefully select the system components to match your requirements, taking into consideration reliability, ease of use/ maintenance and power consumption. Where applicable we will assess your existing electrical distribution network to ensure a healthy supply to your new AV equipment, free from interruption. Once the proposals have been formulated our Engineer will discuss them with you to ensure your complete satisfaction. If you agree with our proposals and wish to proceed, we will send you a project plan outlining procurement, payment and installation time periods.
During our initial meeting we will asses what the sound system is to be used for, taking into account the space, SPL requirements, environmental considerations and of course most importantly your budget. We cater for the following sound system types;
- Background music systems for Cafe’s, Shops and Restaurants
- Bar music systems
- Clubs/ Live music sound systems employing multiple rigged/ floor mounted top speakers, floor mount subwoofers with power amplifiers and processing
- Church sound systems using discrete multiple column speakers which blend into the environment
- Home cinema/ home audio systems
- Outdoor horn type loudspeaker systems for sports grounds
- Outdoor waterproof audio systems for residential gardens (yes we’ve done a few of these !!)
With retail background music systems it’s essential that sound is distributed evenly throughout the venue, to do this we ensure distribution of adequate small loudspeakers to avoid any audio deadspots. With retail or bar systems you may wish to consider splitting the sound system into controlled zones to allow you to adjust volume levels according to the usage of the space. We ensure correct amplifier selection according to sound system usage to avoid amplifier “clipping”. Clipping occurs when an amplifier is overdriven, this causes distortion and will lead to eventual loudspeaker failure. Amplifiers and loudspeakers are selected from recognised major brands.
In addition to the above sound systems we also provide microphones, mixers, monitors, DJ equipment, induction loop equipment etc.
During our initial meeting we will asses what the lighting system is to be used for, taking into account the space, lighting requirements, the existing electrical power supply, lighting rigging and as with any project, your budget. Where possible we will provide you with a low energy consuming LED type solution.
We know that lighting is an essential part of the live music scene, your artist on stage has to been seen during your event We know that long term installation of lighting systems in your venue will provide you with many benefits such as the following:
- Customers will stay longer at a professionally illuminated venue.
- If the customers stay longer, the venue will sell more food and drink (= more profit to you ££)
- Professional lighting will provide a memorable experience which means repeat business, bigger turnover etc.
- When photographs are taken at live events, they look more dramatic which is good for the venue and artist, especially in an age where images are quickly uploaded to social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, Flickr. (on the flip side how many times do you see artists under dim and uninspiring lighting at venues?).
Often lighting systems are overlooked by venues, possibly because then venue owners believe that such systems are expensive to install, operate and maintain, this is a misconception. With the use of low running cost led technology, lamps can last up to 50,000 hours, from an operational perspective we can pre program the systems to enable the customer to press programmed scene buttons. The installation cost are relatively low in comparison with venue sound systems, plus if they attract and retain customers they will pay for themselves in a relatively short period of time. Led lighting technology can also be utilised on the exterior of a building to wash it in different colour schemes. Control can be via a simple desk, remote control or via a smartphone with an appropriate ethernet/ dmx interface. The above are just a few benefits from the installation of venue lighting.
Projectors and Screens
On the backbone of years of projector rentals, we have successfully installed many projectors and screens in quite different locations, here are a few examples;
- A full HD 4000 lumen projector reverse projected on a 10 ft wide office window for British Para Swimming – used to show video footage of swimming technique, controlled via iPad
- A full HD cinema projector in a South Manchester kitchen – primary use is to watch the football on.
- Various office screen and projector installations
- A fully flightcased 8000 lumen dual lamp projector with state of the art X,Y & Z parameter adjustable flying frame for Z – Arts in Manchester
- Rugged XGA 4000 lumen projectors and electric screens safely rigged for club nights in Soup Kitchen and the Not So Secret Warehouse Party
- A barista camera and projector. A high definition camera mounted above a coffee machine with the image of the camera projected on the entrance wall of the café.
We select the correct projector and screen combination for your requirements, plus we will ensure that both the screen and projector are safely installed and operates in the correct manner. Wall boxes can be provided for various video/ data connection methods.
Our Engineers will provide you with an overview of how the installation shall be completed, after thorough testing and set up we shall train your staff on how the equipment shall be operated. During the installation period all our Engineers will use the appropriate PPE, working at height shall be in accordance with the HSE Working at Height Regulations 2005 (WAHR). Operation & maintenance manuals shall be provided on completion of the project.
We carry the appropriate public liability insurance cover for all our installation work.
Once the installation is complete we can provide you with full maintenance support package to keep your AV gear in tip-top condition. Our maintenance activities include;
- Lighting fixture cleaning and re-lamping
- Lighting desk programming and fixture personality updates
- PAT testing and documentation
- Amplifier & DJ equipment servicing & cleaning
- Speaker repairs
- Projector optical cleaning and replamping
If you wish to discuss your future AV installation, please call us on 0161 636 7547 or email email@example.com